Latest News from Versatech
New Niigata SPN702 Horizontal Machining Center Operational!
Versatech Inc. has taken delivery of and installed a new 2013 Niigata SPN702 CNC horizontal machining center. This state of the art machining center combines the best of both worlds in machining- rigidity and speed!
The SPN702 features Niigata’s hallmark “Box-in-a-Box” design, on top of a large base casting that allows for rigid machining. The SPN is also equipped with a 40 horsepower, 10,000 RPM, CAT 50 high performance direct drive spindle providing the ability for high speed machining operations. Other standard features of the SPN702 include:
- Direct Turn Automatic Pallet Shuttle (2 pallet)
- 62 Tool Automatic Tool Changer
- 10.4” Color LCD Fanuc System 31iM CNC Control
- Helical Interpolation Function
- Rigid Tapping Function
- Niigata Hi Contour I High Speed/High Precision Machining Package
Optional equipment upgrades installed:
- Full 4th Axis Rotary Table
- Thru Spindle Coolant 215PSI
- Overhead Shower Coolant System
- 48 Additional Work Offsets
New Motoman Robotic Welding Cell Operational
Versatech Inc. has taken delivery of a 2013 Motoman Modular FabWorld
robotic welding cell. The new cell is custom designed by Versatech Inc.
personnel working alongside Yaskawa Motoman Robotics engineers to meet a
wide variety of welding applications. The new cell features a Motoman
MA1900 extended reach 6 axis robot arm, Yaskawa Motoman DX100 robot
controller, Two (2), MH-1600-500TR tilt and rotate part positioners, and
the state of the art Miller Auto Axcess 450DI digital welding power
This new welding cell is designed for the precision welding of the most complicated parts with a work envelope of 16' x 20'. Versatech Inc. is currently seeking customers that have weldments that require complicated fabrication operations as well as simple design weldments that are suited for this new equipment.
Please see our Custom Quote page for inquiries.
2012 Parlec Series 1850TMM Presetter
Our new 2012 Parlec Series 1850TMM Presetter replaces the previous 1999 model. The 1850TMM is one of the most advanced and precise tool presetters available. It features the following:
- 5 megapixel high resolution digital imaging camera
- Measures tools up 16.5” (420mm) in diameter and 23.5” (600mm) in length
- Built with precision ductile cast iron ways on a steel base
- Preloaded linear bearings on the guide ways
- High accuracy encoders with .0005mm resolution
- Parlec G3 ParleVision processor
- 19” Color LCD display with touch screen
- Real Vision date management software
A close up of the Presetter Control Panel can be seen in our Photo Gallery.
Master Task Training
At Versatech, nothing is taken for granted, including the readiness and ongoing training of our machinists. From a 7 lesson course on measurement skills for new hires to our ongoing Master Task Training, Versatech brings a new level of precision and cost-savings to every job by assuring the personnel completing it are among the best the industry has to offer.
Our employees have helped make Versatech a top supplier in Engineering Construction and Power Transmission and Distribution. Learn more about how Master Task training helps hone operator and set-up skills on our Training page.