Latest News from Versatech
New Delivery Truck
Versatech Inc. has upgraded our fleet of delivery trucks with the addition of a 2013 Ford F650 22' Box Truck.
New Robotic Welding Cell in August 2013
Versatech Inc. is expecting delivery in early August 2013 of a Yaskawa Motoman Fabworld 2 Station Robotic Welding Cell. This state of the art arc welding robot cell is equipped with following features:
- Motoman MA1900 Extended Reach 6 axis Robot Arm
- Yaskawa Motoman DX100 Robot Control System
- 2 MH1600-500TR Tilt and Rotate Part Positioners
- Miller Electric Auto Axcess 450DI Digital Welding Power Source
- 6" and 18" 45 degree, Water Cooled Welding Torches
New Presetter and Band Saw Operational
Versatech, Inc. has acquired two new state-of-the-art pieces of equipment, and both are now up and running, adding to Versatech's capabilities in meeting the most demanding parts orders.
2012 Parlec Series 1850TMM Presetter
Our new 2012 Parlec Series 1850TMM Presetter replaces the previous 1999 model. The 1850TMM is one of the most advanced and precise tool presetters available. It features the following:
- 5 megapixel high resolution digital imaging camera
- Measures tools up 16.5” (420mm) in diameter and 23.5” (600mm) in length
- Built with precision ductile cast iron ways on a steel base
- Preloaded linear bearings on the guide ways
- High accuracy encoders with .0005mm resolution
- Parlec G3 ParleVision processor
- 19” Color LCD display with touch screen
- Real Vision date management software
A close up of the Presetter Control Panel can be seen in our Photo Gallery.
2012 Kastotwin A 4x5 CNC Band Saw
Versatech's 2012 Kastotwin A 4x5 CNC band saw replaces an older 1990 model. Kasto is a German company which has been pioneering the precision sawing industry for years. The Kastotwin A 4x5 features:
- Frequency controlled spur gear drive
- Infinitely adjustable, fully hydraulic saw feeding system
- Heavy duty, distortion free welded steel construction
- Hydraulic saw blade tensioning, with electronic monitoring
- Hydraulic bundle clamping
- Automatic zero positioning function
- CNC automatic operation featuring the Kasto BASICCONTROL system
Versatech Acquires Two Okuma LB4000M
SPACETURN EX Series CNC Lathes
In April, 2012, Versatech added two “world standard” Okuma CNC lathes to bolster what is already a state-of-the-art custom machining service.
Built on a durable box slant bed and employing a thoroughly tested thermal design, each LB4000EXM machine can achieve a machining dimensional change over time of less than 05µm.
For precision machining, each LB4000EXM is equipped with milling capability, C-axis, 1,500 mm bed length, and a 15-inch chuck size, giving Versatech the flexibility to meet a wide variety of machining challenges.
Master Task Training
At Versatech, nothing is taken for granted, including the readiness and ongoing training of our machinists. From a 7 lesson course on measurement skills for new hires to our ongoing Master Task Training, Versatech brings a new level of precision and cost-savings to every job by assuring the personnel completing it are among the best the industry has to offer.
Our employees have helped make Versatech a top supplier in Engineering Construction and Power Transmission and Distribution. Learn more about how Master Task training helps hone operator and set-up skills on our Training page.